Wednesday, May 16, 2007

when it all falls apart.

i hate answering the phone at work.

i'm not sure if there's something wrong with the phone or if its just me but i can't seem to catch what the people on the line are saying.

imagine this -

me: roy and partners, how can i help you?
stranger: may i speak to roy please?
me: oh alright, may i know who's this calling?
stranger: siberia.
me: i'm sorry, sai-bay-ria?
stranger: shah bay rea.
* i have no idea how to pronounce so i just decide to transfer the line to the boss.
me: roy, there's a i think his name is siberia on the line for you.
roy: siberia? *laughs

then my colleague came and so i asked her
me: sophia, there was this guy that called just now and i think i heard him say his name was siberia but roy was laughing when i told him
sophia: *laughs. his name is shah-be-er.
me: how do u spell that?!
sophia: shabir.
me: oh great, i feel so dumb.

AND today, lady calls to speak to sophia.
lady: hi, may i speak to sophia please?
me: sophia's on the line at the moment. may i say who is this calling?
lady: i'm tharu from mother ong partnerships.
me: i'm sorry, how do you spell it?
lady: my name is spelt as tharu.
me: oh okay. i'll get her to call you back.

*hangs up phone
me: sophia! there's a tharu from I THINK this firm called mata something?
sophia: *slightly irritated what mata something?
me: can i don't say? i think i'll sound stupid. there's this tharu person calling from er mother ong partnerships?

*sophia pauses.
sophia: maddavan partnerships?
me: OH YES.
sophia: what did you hear it was again?
me: er mother ong?
*sophia laughs ALOT

okay, i just keep embarrassing myself at work. sigh

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahah this is hilarious!!